HELP!! I WASHED MY USB KEY
I NEED MORE MEMBERS http://groups.google.com.au/group/GEEK-A-BYTE
2007-04-27 00:43:50 UTC
Whoops,

I have a two gig usb key (generic brand), and I left it in my shorts
pocket. (which where then washed)

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to dry it out.

I NEED IT!

Thanks
I NEED MORE MEMBERS http://groups.google.com.au/group/GEEK-A-BYTE
PS: IT HAS ALL MY DELPHI SCHOOL PROJECTS ON IT
Jamie
2007-04-27 01:04:39 UTC
Post by I NEED MORE MEMBERS http://groups.google.com.au/group/GEEK-A-BYTE
On Apr 27, 10:43 am, "I NEED MORE MEMBERS http://groups.google.com.au/group/GEEK-A-BYTE"
Post by I NEED MORE MEMBERS http://groups.google.com.au/group/GEEK-A-BYTE
Whoops,
I have a two gig usb key (generic brand), and I left it in my shorts
pocket. (which where then washed)
Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to dry it out.
I NEED IT!
Thanks
PS: IT HAS ALL MY DELPHI SCHOOL PROJECTS ON IT
Just blow it out with air or use a hair drying..
if you do it before it gets too bad it should be ok.
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
David Kerber
2007-04-27 11:57:04 UTC
Post by I NEED MORE MEMBERS http://groups.google.com.au/group/GEEK-A-BYTE
Whoops,
I have a two gig usb key (generic brand), and I left it in my shorts
pocket. (which where then washed)
Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to dry it out.
Rinse it in *clean* water, let it dry (or use a hair dryer), then get
all your data off it into safe storage. It will probably work for a
while, but you've probably shortened its lifetime a bit. I've used this
method to recover many keyboards that have had cola or coffee spilled
into them. The key is to get any chemicals/acids/sticky stuff out
before it dries on.
newsgroups if possible).