Acting on COM Events
underb
2008-12-12 14:23:27 UTC
Hello Delphi users..
I have been having some trouble with a COM app that I'm accessing from
my application. I can't seem to get the event captured by my
application at all.

Is there a defined method to do this? I'm using Delphi 2007 if this
affects the "how".
underb
2008-12-14 18:46:11 UTC
Post by underb
Hello Delphi users..
I have been having some trouble with a COM app that I'm accessing from
my application.  I can't seem to get the event captured by my
application at all.
Is there a defined method to do this?  I'm using Delphi 2007 if this
affects the "how".
Goodness gracious. You'd think it'd be easy in Delphi (especially in
such a recent version) - when you consider takes about 2 minutes to
add event handling code into VB5, including startup up VB5
environment.

I really hope this can be handled - I really really don't like VB, and
I'm trying to convert an office full of VB-heads here.
Jamie
2008-12-14 19:12:45 UTC
Post by underb
Post by underb
Hello Delphi users..
I have been having some trouble with a COM app that I'm accessing from
my application. I can't seem to get the event captured by my
application at all.
Is there a defined method to do this? I'm using Delphi 2007 if this
affects the "how".
Goodness gracious. You'd think it'd be easy in Delphi (especially in
such a recent version) - when you consider takes about 2 minutes to
add event handling code into VB5, including startup up VB5
environment.
I really hope this can be handled - I really really don't like VB, and
I'm trying to convert an office full of VB-heads here.
No, Delphi handle's that just fine. The Op is doing something wrong
and most likely involves some property setting in the COM object..

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"