getting Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition
2011-08-09 02:37:41 UTC
In 2007, Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition was a freeware. Now, it has
been discontinued by Delphi. It was used for running some simulations
and the computer(which had Delphi 2006) crashed. There was no backup of
the software and now I cannot find it.

Any suggestions on how I can get the Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition
copy? Anywhere it might be archived?
Arivald
2011-08-09 08:18:08 UTC
Post by g
In 2007, Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition was a freeware. Now, it has
been discontinued by Delphi. It was used for running some simulations
and the computer(which had Delphi 2006) crashed. There was no backup of
the software and now I cannot find it.
Any suggestions on how I can get the Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition
copy? Anywhere it might be archived?
A lot of places, use google.

But problem will be in license file. There is no way to generate new one.
Arivald
2011-08-09 21:45:31 UTC
Post by Arivald
Post by g
In 2007, Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition was a freeware. Now, it has
been discontinued by Delphi. It was used for running some simulations
and the computer(which had Delphi 2006) crashed. There was no backup of
the software and now I cannot find it.
Any suggestions on how I can get the Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition
copy? Anywhere it might be archived?
A lot of places, use google.
I did not see any where they have that archived edition.
Why does the freeware edition need a license file?
Arivald
2011-08-10 10:25:22 UTC
Post by g
Post by Arivald
Post by g
In 2007, Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition was a freeware. Now, it has
been discontinued by Delphi. It was used for running some simulations
and the computer(which had Delphi 2006) crashed. There was no backup of
the software and now I cannot find it.
Any suggestions on how I can get the Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition
copy? Anywhere it might be archived?
A lot of places, use google.
I did not see any where they have that archived edition.
You not very good with Google...

One of many copies:
ftp://asu.tusur.ru/pub/OlimpicSoft/Turbo%20Dephi/
Post by g
Post by Arivald
But problem will be in license file. There is no way to generate new one.
Why does the freeware edition need a license file?
Dunno. ask codegear ;-)

But Google can help You in this case too. Just search for "reg736.txt"
;) You will find many copies, for example here, even in FTP i mentioned
before:

ftp://asu.tusur.ru/pub/OlimpicSoft/Turbo%20Dephi/reg736.txt
Arivald
2011-08-10 12:56:09 UTC
Post by Arivald
Post by g
Post by Arivald
Post by g
In 2007, Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition was a freeware. Now, it has
been discontinued by Delphi. It was used for running some simulations
and the computer(which had Delphi 2006) crashed. There was no backup of
the software and now I cannot find it.
Any suggestions on how I can get the Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition
copy? Anywhere it might be archived?
A lot of places, use google.
I did not see any where they have that archived edition.
You not very good with Google...
Perhaps, not as skilled as you. Mind sharing what you typed to get the
below link and how long did it take? I was using terms like "Turbo
Delphi", "Turbo Delphi explorer 2006 edition" and got till
http://web.archive.org/web/20061029191909/http://www.turboexplorer.com/mirror
but the archive of mirror does not have the downloads.

If you can share your strategy on how you found it, it would be
Thanks a lot for the links. I appreciate your time and responses.
Arivald
2011-08-10 13:16:12 UTC
Post by g
Post by Arivald
Post by g
Post by Arivald
Post by g
In 2007, Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition was a freeware. Now, it has
been discontinued by Delphi. It was used for running some simulations
and the computer(which had Delphi 2006) crashed. There was no backup of
the software and now I cannot find it.
Any suggestions on how I can get the Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition
copy? Anywhere it might be archived?
A lot of places, use google.
I did not see any where they have that archived edition.
You not very good with Google...
Perhaps, not as skilled as you. Mind sharing what you typed to get the
below link and how long did it take? I was using terms like "Turbo
Delphi", "Turbo Delphi explorer 2006 edition" and got till
http://web.archive.org/web/20061029191909/http://www.turboexplorer.com/mirror
I used kind of magic ;-)
Generally it is best to use most unique phrase. In this case I used
"reg736.txt", while searching for license file.

Earlier I get few other pages, but mostly in Polish (my native), on
"Delphi Turbo Explorer" and few minutes on checking pages.

Google search results are affected by Your country and language... I
have this advantage that my language is not very popular in network, so
there is much less "trash pages" (pages created to get traffic from
searches, without providing really usable content).
Arivald
2011-08-10 16:07:59 UTC
Post by Arivald
Post by g
Post by Arivald
Post by g
Post by Arivald
Post by g
[...]
So, it has less do with my searching ability in Google -):

I guess I did not get it since I am in US(and language English). There
were lot of pages when I looked for terms like "Turbo
Delphi", "Turbo Delphi explorer 2006 edition" but none had the setup
files that you pointed me to.

Anyway, Thanks a lot. That is appreciated.
David Kerber
2011-08-10 12:37:14 UTC
[This followup was posted to alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi and a copy was
sent to the cited author.]
Post by g
Post by Arivald
But problem will be in license file. There is no way to generate new one.
Why does the freeware edition need a license file?
It wasn't "freeware", just "free of charge". I imagine they used
license files because they wanted to know how many people were using it.
Rudy Velthuis
2011-08-14 23:14:44 UTC
Post by g
In 2007, Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition was a freeware. Now, it
has been discontinued by Delphi. It was used for running some
simulations and the computer(which had Delphi 2006) crashed. There
was no backup of the software and now I cannot find it.
Any suggestions on how I can get the Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer
edition copy? Anywhere it might be archived?
There may still be a few mirrors that offer it, but you won't get a
license key anymore. That is official. So it will only work if you have
a valid license key.
--
Rudy Velthuis

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
-- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
Thanks for the suggestion.
Rudy Velthuis
2011-08-19 21:25:29 UTC
Post by g
Post by Rudy Velthuis
Post by g
In 2007, Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer edition was a freeware. Now,
it has been discontinued by Delphi. It was used for running some
simulations and the computer(which had Delphi 2006) crashed. There
was no backup of the software and now I cannot find it.
Any suggestions on how I can get the Turbo Delphi 2006 explorer
edition copy? Anywhere it might be archived?
There may still be a few mirrors that offer it, but you won't get a
license key anymore. That is official. So it will only work if you
have a valid license key.
Thanks for the suggestion.
So I can assume you have a license key? If not, forget it.
--
Rudy Velthuis

"Because I do it with one small ship, I am called a terrorist
(pirate?). You do it with a whole fleet and are called an
emperor."
-- St. Augustine