help please with my problem
kowhai
2007-07-09 08:58:45 UTC
Hi there everyone, I wonder is there a whiz kid among you that may be
able to answer my request.

I have an application that displays certain web pages. that fine if I
use it, I can give it away so that the person using my application
will see my adverts at the bottom of the app. What I want to do is to
give it to a few chosen people to use, But I need a way for them to
enter their webpages.

I am picking up a file, sort of like a txt file that holds the url I
want to display. How do I let someone else put their url in the txt
file, ok thats easy so far. now without recompiling the application I
need a way to make sure his clients get the program along with the
altered txt file. is there a way I can store the actual address of the
webpage inside the exe file,but stil be able to change the txt file
and pass it on.

it all works well on my machine, but once a friend wants to change the
url for advertising I am lost.

Could someone help me please

Anthony
sheep
2007-07-11 22:42:02 UTC
Sorry I am french,
I do not undestand very well what you want but ...
if you store the text containing the url as a text file in the hidden folder
"C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data"
( or a subfolder) ,
the application is able to read the text file of the user "user"
and not another one.
To prevent the text file from any modification, add a little
checksum for the line containing the url and verify the checksum
before launching the url : good => launch,
bad, restaure a value that you can store (read only mode)
in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data, for sample
You can also crypt with a simple xor the text of the url !

Is it what you want ?

--
Phil